Please join us in a holiday gesture of appreciation to seafarers!
We invite you to participate by:
- Assembling ditty bag items and packing them in drawstring bags.
- Collecting items in bulk for us to pack.
- Gathering coats and sweaters for seafarers from tropical climates who do not have warm clothing (coats and sweaters only, please — we cannot use shoes or other garments).
- Starting a project to knit or crochet hats and scarves. Click here for instructions.
- Making a donation (we spend $8,000 a year to purchase bags and work gloves).
WISH LIST FOR DITTY BAGS
Full sizes, please, for toiletries
Hats and scarves in dark colors Razors and shaving cream
Work socks Toothbrush and toothpaste
Work gloves Shampoo
Mini sewing kit Comb
Pens and writing paper Deodorant
Small calendars Nail clippers
If you have questions, please call Chaplain Bradley Gow at (215) 940-9900, ext. 106. We need all items at our office, 475 N. 5th Street in Philadelphia, by November 3, 2017.